GERDA GOVINE, ED.D., is a proactive master of developing, implementing and evaluating communication strategies that lead to transformational change in academic, public, private, non-profit, community and government organizations.
A diligent facilitator with more than 20 years' experience, Dr. Govine leads groups to link differenly about complex situations while engaging and supporting relationships of mutual value and interests.
Gerda Govine, ED.D. is driven by the goal to create inclusive solution-focused education, research, government and community programs.
Dr. Govine's core competencies include:
- Appreciative inquiry Facilitation
- Strategic Planning
- Community Development
- Public Speaking
- Program Development
- Reflective Management and Administration
Dr. Govine's PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE includes
- Serving the nation\'s largest civil rights agency, the State of California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Enforcement.
- Founding and leading a private consulting firm focused on optimizing organization diversity and inclusion practices.
- Acting as national director of education for a national advocacy association
- Extensive community relations and involvement
- Creation and implementation of state-approved mandatory sexual harassment prevention training for supervisors
- Conducting organization research and assessment in the private sector
- Presenting education, civil rights, diversity, business and program development at more than 50 national and local organizations
- Publishing articles in a wide range of journals and newspapers
- Serving as assistant dean of the school of continuing education at the university level
- Serving as an expert witness, litigation consultant, mediator, investigator and facilitator in the area of employment discrimination, in more than 185 matters in six states
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS AND DEVELOPMENT
Gerda Govine has achieved a number of education degrees, awards and honors.
- Certificate, Alternative Dispute Resolution Program - Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Malibu, CA
- ED.D., Higher and Adult Education Administration and Research - Columbia University Teachers College, New York, New York
- M.A., Higher and Adult Education Administration and Research - Columbia University Teachers College, New York, New York
- M.A., Business Education (Teaching at College/University Level) - New York University Washington Square Village, New York, New York
- B.S., Business Education (Teaching at Secondary School Level) - New York University Washington Square Village, New York, New York
- California Community College Life-time Teaching Credential
- Non-profit Leadership Seminar, USC and Center on Philanthropy and Public Policy
- Environmental and Public Policy Facilitation Training, UCLA School of Law
- A Personal Approach to Multiculturalism: Changing Racism and Other \"isms\"
- Fundraising Workshop for Non-profit Organizations of Color
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Participant, Leadership California Program.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Mediation Program, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Honoree, “Top 20 Woman Achievers 1990-2010,” Celebrating 20th anniversary, Business Life Magazine.
- 2010 California Who’s Who in Executives and Businesses.
- Recipient, Mary Lampsa Award for outstanding support and contributions to issues and programs impacting women.
- Featured in Gomez, Traude and Brian Biery, Power of One: Pasadenans Shaping Our Community.
- Role Model Award, YWCA and Aspires West-Pasadena.
- Member, Search Committee, President, Pasadena City College.
- Member, Hiring/Promotions Task Force, City of Pasadena, Human Resources Division.
- City of Pasadena Council Members’ Compensation Committee.
- Capital Campaign Committee Member, Girls Scouts of America, San Gabriel Valley, California.
- Local Planning Team, National Association of Commissions for Women Annual Convention, Pasadena, California.